Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Mr. Popper's Penguins

I popped in out of the 100+ degree heat to check this out and I must admit, it was the lure of AC and the screen full of ice and cold and penguins that sold me more than Jim Carrey or anything else.

Mr. Popper's Penguins is a pleasant enough movie. It doesn't make a bit of sense, it has some cute penguins and a few Jim Carrey lines that will make you smile. Nothing offensive here.

For my money, Mr. Popper's assistant Pippi (played by Ophelia Lovibond) stole the screen. I adored her use of the letter "P" peppered through her presentation.

I went alone so I may have had a better opinion of the movie had I taken a little person with me. There were approximately 30 people in the theater and most of those were of the small variety. I heard many giggles and laughs from those little ones so it seemed to be well accepted.

Pueblo Tinseltown was the place. The big poppers made popped popcorn that was pungent and pretty and pleasantly plump!

I gave it a '2' but was happy to be out of the heat.

No comments: